Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The LDS mission.

Hello hello my friends. I have been wanting to share with you an experience that was life changing to me. That experience has been my mission. Its sad to admit but my days as a full time representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are numbered. I can hardly believe it's coming to an end. Ok ok enough with the fluff stuff, now i'll get to the story. I have been blessed to serve here in western NY. The point of this post I want to get across is how grateful I am for the time I've had here. Life is an interesting thing. I think we all can agree on that. I owe all that I have learned, all that I have felt and all that I am to the Lord Jesus Christ. I'm constantly making "course corrections", as Elder Uchdorf said, in my life. I challenge you to do something. Stop for a moment, and ponder all that you have around you. I mean ALL. Think about all the experiences YOU have had and what they have done to shape you. I testify that it is all because of Jesus Christ. He created all things. He gives us hope, or an inner spiritual drive that makes us do what we do. A concern I have with the world today is people just don't see what is right in front of their face. Now, I'm not getting all "political" on you but being a missionary it seems like everyone I talk to is raging about how crummy the country is. Regardless, I choose everyday when I wake up that im going to be happy. The key word in the last sentence is choose. As I said before I am grateful for my mission and what it has given me. I dont mean to ramble. No body likes to read rambles. I hope you take my challenge to heart. I love you. Even if I don't know you. And God loves you, And he DOES know you. I can't stress that simple truth enough. My dear brothers and sisters Peace at last is the title of my blog. Quit searching for peace and let it find you. The Mormon.org web page can forward crazy spirit-filled missionaries just like me to teach you or your friends about all this stuff. this WONDERFUL GOSPEL STUFF.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post my good friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your service as a missionary. Your blog has helped me experience peace, at last. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elder! Great post. You have always chosen to be happy and look for the good. Thanks Elder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "course corrections" that we can make that are only possible because of Our Savior. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why people are drawn to others who are happy. Light Cleaveth to light! D&C 88:40. Great post son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Quit searching for peace and let it find you."
    Well put, Elder Cook.
    Thank you for sharing and serving.

    ReplyDelete