Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To be... or not to be..

I hope that I can express even an ounce of my feeling with you all today. You know how lately I have been doing many posts that talk about dealing with tough times and trials? Well this time Im the one who is needing some comforting words. I have been informed about a few people in my life that have recently passed away. Now, remember we are all Gods children and he wants what is best for us. Today I wanted to explain how I feel about people who I love that leave this life. I know that after we pass on that we are "taken home, to that God who gave them life." (Alma40:11) In John3:13 he preaches, "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven..." In the Book of Mormon I find many places where people pass on. As I now read about the Great Plan that God has for us, I see that these people felt peace as they knew the plan. I KNOW my dear brothers and sisters that once we pass from this state (earth) to the next it is not the end. Sure people may claim there is no God and it all ends at death. But, what is the point of creating such strong bonds with our loved ones if it is to end at death! I was informed about a close friend of mine who passed away in his sleep while serving a full time mission for the only true and living church on the earth. As I said before, I'm trying to give you just an ounce of what I feel. Once A person passes from this life they go to the Spirit World. There they are taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The SAME gospel of Jesus Christ that I explained in my posts a while ago. I have said it before, my mission is ending soon. Too soon. I want it perfectly clear you you my brothers and sisters that I proclaimed the Great Plan Of Salvation with all the energy I could. This is my testimony once again. God LIVES, he loves each of his children. We were created in his image to one day return to him. As my dear loved ones have passed on I pray that their families will be comforted. Please. If you want to learn more about this plan please contact me. Or any member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. We have answers to the vague and unclear questions. Seriously, why continue to live in a confused state.... you don't have to. We are here for you. The next time you look into the great cosmos of the universe, ask your self. Am I to be... or not to be..

"In the Gospel grammar, death is not an exclamation point, but merely a comma." Niel A. Maxwell

6 comments:

  1. Elder Cook;
    You have been blessed more than you know. It is an honor and a privilege to know one such as you. Qualities that are most desirable in any one of our Heavenly Fathers children and you fear not to express them .Blessed be the woman who gets you as her husband and the children that have you as father. Heavenly Father cares and takes care of those things that are most difficult for us to deal with in this temporal existance.
    Phileo my beloved brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Elder Cook! :)
    Sorry for your loss. It is those of us who stay behind who grieve, missing those who've progressed on and wishing they were still adding joy to our lives, here. -
    How fortunate that we know we will see them again, when it's our turn to progress on! In the meantime, there is much work for us to do here! :)
    Enjoy this last leg of your mission!! I wish you much success!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry son for this difficult time of your mission. But I know that God will wipe away all tears and that all our losses will be made up. I pray that you will be blessed at this time to see the eternal purpose of it all. I love this quote.

    “No pain that we suffer, no trial that we
    experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and
    humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven.” Orson F. Whitney

    And soon we'll have this tale to tell, All is well, all is well....... I love you son! mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This touches me in a way i can't even imagine to be able to explain. i know you loved my mother as family just like she did you. I know how tough it is to lose someone and to think that your not going to hug them or talk to them or kiss them every again. im always thinking I'll never be able to sit and ask advice from someone who loves you as much as she loved me and my sisters. I keep replaying it over and over in my head about what i could have done before she got to a point that she couldn't be helped any further. I know it was her time and it hurts to know that. I know the church is true and i know she wants me to join the church. But what i know now is that when its my turn to die I'm going to have someone to look forward to seeing and im always going to be with someone i love wheather im on earth or heaven. Im hoping that if i get my way in this life i do what i can to make sure im as good of a mother as my mother was to us girls. I pray for god to keep her safe and let her know we will be ok. And i pray for her to meet heavenly father and be with him eternally with her earth family someday. The plan of salvation really is powerful and i know without the plan without being able to be an eternal family i dont think i'd be coping with accepting that my mother is gone. Elder cook you are forever going to be a part of my family. You really are like a brother. Thank you for being so kind to my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, You made me cry. I never met your mom but I felt like I knew her. I felt close to her. When your son is so far away and someone else brings him in and loves and cares for him there is an instant bond. I will be forever grateful for all she did for Elder Cook. Life is crazy. She was suppose to get baptized next weekend and then I was going to met her a few days after. I know how hard it is to loose your mom. I had been taught the plan of Salvation all my life, but when I lost my mom I had to ask myself, do I really believe it? Will I see my mom again? I want you to know that I know, Steph, I know with all my heart that I will see my mom again. The Plan is real. I am excited for you to be baptized and to take your mom's name to the Temple and do her work for her. It will be a very special time. I am looking forward to meeting you. You will be in my prayers this week. I miss your mom too. I loved her. But I am glad that Elder Cook could be there in your life at this very hard but special time. He is a very special spirit and knows how to comfort. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Elder, heard things are hard right now. The Atonement is the great equalizer, it will make the wrongs of mortality right and help heal. You're a stud of a missionary and I looked up to you for your efforts. Awesome testimony on your blog. Blessings of serving a mission don't stop when you get off the plane, and they surely will not stop for your friend and his family. Now more than ever you can use your testimony, the Spirit, and the Gospel you have been spreading to help you through a tough ordeal and be a strength to those closest to you. Prayin for you and those who lost someone dear to them.
    -Elder Braxton Duncan

    ReplyDelete