Saturday, October 23, 2010

Good ole New York

Living in NY for 2 years I get why people made those I love(heart)NY shirts
This place is so amazing. I'm Grateful for every second I have spent here. I owe everything to Heavenly Father. He sent me here to do missionary work.
Down here I have a picture of Canandaigua Lake. As one of the finger lakes, it was
carved out of the earth by an enormous ice glacier. Then because of how much it rains in NY the hole filled up to create a beautiful lake. Canandaigua is Indian for "the chosen spot." I wonder if the Indians who named it "the chosen spot" knew that one day, just up the road, Joseph Smith would be visited by God the Father, and His Son Jesus Christ. Hmm.. just a thought. I have been in this area for the last 6 months of my mission and it could not have ended any better. Its been such a blessing to testify about the rich spiritual history of this area.
Many people have asked me if I'm still going to do my blog after I get home. The answer is Yes. Every member a missionary right? It will still be my life, and may change the title later on. But I'm going to share my testimony with as many people who will read it. I thank you all so very much for following my blog. As some of you may or may not know. Missionaries on Blog is a fairy new thing. I'm grateful to help out all that I can. The Chruch is true everyone. We are ready and waiting to answer your questions about our faith.

This is a link to my Mormon.org profile. http://mormon.org/me/1K16-eng/DannyCook
Have a wonderful day and enjoy the nice weather while its still here!

9 comments:

  1. Best wishes , happiness and joy for you and your family.I am very grateful for your aquaintance and hope I get to see you pass through this beautiful land we have been lent to call "Home". James 4 : 14
    Peace and love to you always Brother !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Elder Cook! Thank-you so much for your service and your insights. I know that God has amazing blessings ahead for you as you return to 'normal' life after the mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the beauty of the chosen spot for myself!!! Thanks Elder Cook! Keep posting.....work harder!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an inspiration bro. its hard once you get home. life is a pool of distraction and you just jumped in it. no worries though cause once a stud, always a stud. call me if you need A THING

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so grateful for your dedicated service and inspirational messages. I am thankful for your rock solid testimony of the Savior and His Atonement for each of us and what this will mean now and in the future. May the Lord bless and keep you my Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for serving the Lord so diligently these past two years! You are truly amazing and Heavenly Father is so grateful for your service! Thank you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said!! You are coming home having given your all--what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was googling pictures i could use for my primary lesson this weekend. Your blog came up. I think its amazing what you are doing. As a member of the lds church from Rochester NY. I was happy to stumble upon your website!

    ReplyDelete