Friday, September 24, 2010

Never Alone


Ever felt alone? Maybe like there is NO ONE who knows what your going through?
Here are a few comforting words from Helen Parker.

"Sometimes, Oh Lord, when I cannot pray,
I sit very still, with nothing to say.
But never-the-less, I know you are there;
You know that I'm troubled with things on my mind.

And you know I've been weak, so often unkind,
But your Spirit is with me,
Right here in this home;
And I know that I'm never walking alone."


I'm grateful to have the knowledge that Christ is always with us.
Notice the picture...
The lady who drew it is named Liz Lemon Swindle. When she drew it she kept looking in to his eyes. She thought to herself, "who is he looking for?" One day she realized. Maybe he is looking for me? Jesus Christ will never stop looking for us. No matter how far off the path we have wandered. He will always be looking for us to pick us up and carry us home. I hope this post helped you out a little bit.
I pray that we can realize that we never walk this life alone. "God sent his only begotten son....."

6 comments:

  1. Great comment and post Elder Cook. What a blessing it is in all of our lives to Know the Savior is there! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we try to look further then our belly, We start to see everything more clearly, and that´s when we start to see all the blessings and recognise that Jesus is the christ and our savior! You chose a good quotation and thanks for your testemony! May the Lord bless you, and all the missionaries in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan:

    Thank you for your hard work and perception in giving us such encouragement. Would sure like to be there when"the flood gates" open for you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how we can read something as though we have written it ourselves...sometimes it is difficult to remember the Lord IS with us, no matter what, and that is when we need that nudge to remind us of the reality of His being!
    Debs (Facebook Ward)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elder Cook for reminding us that we are never alone and who we can turn to when we our down. I have been reminded lately that our Savior loves ALL of us no matter who we are and what we have done. Because in a garden called Gethsemane he not only paid for our sins, but suffered for our alone times. That is why he is the only one who know exactly how we feel and how to help us. Thanks again Elder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite scriptures is in Alma 7:12 "that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." Another word for succor is to releive. What a beautiful word to describe what our Savior can do for us if we will just come to Him. I know that I am never alone becuase he is ALWAYS there to comfort me.

    ReplyDelete