Friday, July 2, 2010

A True Apostle of God, Jeffrey R. Holland

I thought it would be a good idea to share some thoughts of a modern day apostle.


I would like to also add my testimony. I too know that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God. Jesus Christ stands at the head of His church. I know that by Him and through Him we can become cleansed from sin. He is the only one who can "unlock the gate of heaven and let us in."(Hynm #194 There is a Green Hill Far Away) I know He is there, and He loves each of us. I know that when we reach for Him, He reaches back and pulls us from any trouble or pain. If Peace is what we want in life, let us reflect on the Saviors words,"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."(John14:27)

3 comments:

  1. Great addition to your blog. What a powerful testimony by a living Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. Wonderful message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the privilege of being to the Garden of Gethsemane twice. I will never forget it. Like Elder Holland said, “few places in the world are as sacred and as important as this place.” I remember that it was there that I first learned that Jesus Christ not only suffered for my sins, but all so my infirmities witch are: Adversity; Disease; Health; Sickness; Weakness. I will never forget the feeling of gratitude for what my Savior suffered that I might not suffer. He only knows what I really fill and how to help me.
    “And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people … and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy … that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities” (Alma 7:11–12).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Mormon messages are awesome! Here is another one that I love!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiiadnMvm20

    ReplyDelete