Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pageant!


The Hill Cumorah Pageant has been so exciting! I have been a few times now with people I'm teaching and its been really really exciting! Meeting the cast and talking
with people from all over the world really gives you an idea of how big of a deal this thing is.


Every night I meet people from all over the world! Last night I bumped into some people from my home town,Mesa AZ! One thing I LOVE about the Pageant is that all the scenes really happened! In the course of my mission i've read the Book Of Mormon a few times. To actually see these events be portrayed live is such a great experience. If you ever read a book and saw the movie you know what I'm talking about. I try to look past the dramatic angle and look more towards the spiritual side. Like when Nephi is filled with the power of God and his older brothers fall to the ground. Yes, its a cool scene because they fall on the ground. But I look at it as, WOW, the lord will protect us in the very moment we need it if we are true and faithful. Or when the angel Moroni shows the boy Joseph Smith the plates. I think, WOW Joseph must have felt like a kid in a candy store! That is SO amazing that IT REALLY happened here on this very hill. Pageant is a wonderful show filled with thrilling special effects and super legit costumes!.. At the same time is is a reenactment of miracles that really happened and they gave give us strength today. I love the Pageant and what it does for the community. Here are a few of my friends I brought to the Pageant; Lynn, Steph, Frankie, and little Daimen
Like I said, have been To Pageant a few times now and it gets better and better every night!
If you ever have the opprotunity to "Come Feel The Excitement" take it! Pageant is great for the entire family. Thats what its really about...bringing people unto Christ and families.

9 comments:

  1. OH how I wish I could be there. Some other time. It was so fun to talk to Sis. Calton. She said you are doing great and look great! Yea!!! I think Daniel Morris goes tonight. I love the Book of Mormon! I love the stories. I love to share those stories with others. You look great! So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the smile on your face. I wish we could be there and see the Pageant with you but perhaps another year. What a true message the Pageant portrays and to be where it occurred makes it even more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy! I'm so glad things are going just wonderful for you! I'm sure the Pageant was awesome! Keep up the good work! The Lord loves you! The church is true!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing so many peoples smiling faces as they meet together to learn about Christ. How much more obvious can it get? The Gospel brings us happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this because pageant means so much to me personally. :)my first experience with pageant was last year as an investigator. the first day i went i was on the border... knew it was true almost without a doubt but i wasn't sure if i could actually get myself into the font. i went to church that sunday (after the first weekend of pageant) completely elated. realizing that i was NOT alone as i had just seen thousands of people who live the gospel and they were the happiest people i had seen in quite some time. even the people who weren't members were happy. the spirit there was amazing. the scriptures comes alive right there and it makes it a little easier to put a face with a name. to see what nephi experienced, to see the trials of all the early prophets.. right there. it's a simple witness and only consolidated what i already knew. i came back the second time that year with a baptism date set. :) your blogs are wonderful, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. i am kim... kim swartzenberg. hahah i don't really know what i'm doing on this whole blog thing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From an email from Elder Cook!
    So pageant is a big deal right. Lots of time and money goes into putting it on. I figure this, Costumes for 720 characters - $4,500, Stage+ lighting - $3,000 or more, Electric bill to power the whole thing - $2,500, Posters, cards flyer's to promote the show -1,500$,
    Food for the cast and crew for 2 weeks - $2,800,
    Watching your investigator with a baptismal date light up, - Priceless

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pageant is awesome! Congrats on the B-tism date. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being in the Pageant a year before my mission was perfect preparation. The Book of Mormon came to life for me and I was so excited to share its message. Hosting at the Smith Home was also amazing. I love the Sacred Grove...what a choice mission experience for you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete