Friday, June 25, 2010

Where Can I Turn For Peace?


I would like to share a small section of one of my favorite hymns. The hymn is called "Where can I turn for peace." This song has given me alot to wonder about. It has been a source of true peace in my life. I hope as you read, and listen you too feel peace come into your life and calm your troubled heart.

"Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart, Searching my soul? …
He answers privately, Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind, Love without end.”

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song and so well done by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Music can be so very uplifting and inspiring. Excellent selection for your theme and blog message. The variety of your various posts are just amazing and wonderful. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite line is in the second verse,"Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only One." I love that and he really is the only one who know exactly the way we feel and what we are going through. It is such a comfort just to know there is someone we can turn to that can understand just how we feel.

    ReplyDelete