Thursday, August 12, 2010

After Faith Comes Repentance.


The second principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is repentance. Now, I want to make something very clear. Repentance is not a "bad" thing. In fact it's a wonderful beautiful thing that everyone HAS to go through. Repentance simply means to turn or to change. Since Christ is the only one who lived a perfect life we all must repent.
For me repentance is a gift. I am truly grateful for the chance I have to repent. Most people think that repenting brings shame or embarrassment. This is false. Repentance sets you free. It makes all the wrongs right again. You might say to yourself, OK OK I get it now. But how do I repent? Great question, here's how.
The steps are basic. First, you must recognise that you have done something wrong.
Admit to yourself that you just plain messed up. Second, you must stop whatever it is that is not in line with God's commandments.This is means to forsake your sin.
Third you must confess. Pray sincerely to your Father in Heaven and plead with him to forgive you. Forth you must make restitution. This means to fix the wrong that was done. For instance, if you stole something you must pay it back. If you hurt someones feelings, tell them your sorry and you love them. Fifth and finally you must forsake. Which means to simply never do it again. Make a promise with your Father in Heaven that you wont do that any more. These are (in my interpretation) the 5 steps of repentance.
I never said it was easy. Although I know that true repentance brings us forgiveness, peace, comfort, and joy! Did we forget the title of my blog? Peace at last..
I tell you my friends, repentance works. As crazy and as imperfect I am, repentance is a wonderful thing that we should not fret. Our Father in Heaven smiles when we his children choose to turn toward him and live his commandments, otherwise known as repentance.

2 comments:

  1. Good advice Elder Cook. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elder Cook for your openness and direction in the important and helpful subject! You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete