Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Actual Gospel of Jesus Christ


I have talked a lot about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have mentioned what is does for our lives. Now I will tell you what it actually is! The first part of the Gospel is "faith." Faith is talked A LOT about in the scriptures,and for good reason. We need to learn it over and over so we understand what it is and how we gain it. Faith for me has been JUST like how Alma Ch.32 puts it. Verse 28 Alma says "Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me." I love this description because it is so simple to grasp. Me, not being the brightest bulb out there understands that both seeds and faith grow over time. Both seeds and faith need to be nourished and taken care of. If not, they will wither and die. Our faith will grow each day as we pray to our Father in Heaven and read the scriptures. This picture of Jesus Christ by Simon Dewey reminds me of who we are to have faith in. Christ is the ultimate example of faith. When Christ healed people he made sure they had faith for Him to heal them. In the other picture(right,by Walter Rane) Christ is healing a blind man. In Mark 8:23 It reads,"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought." Christ asked the man if he saw anything. Then Christ gave the man his sight. The man must have had faith in Christ to be able to be healed. As we also must have faith in Christ. I urge you with all the strength that my fingertips can type to keep building your faith in Christ. Christ will never cease to have faith in you. Remember, this is only the first part Gospel.

6 comments:

  1. Christ will never cease to have faith in YOU. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep trying to send you a message-- still haven't got it down YET .
    Really great blog Elder, I am not the BRIGHTEST bulb in the packet, and I appreciate understanding your illustrations. NOW to cultivate and nourish that "little" seed to make IT grow and produce fruit !!!! YEA !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my blog has several texts about faith, grace and love.
    http://gospelofjesuschrist.blogspot.com
    Grace and peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog, man. I appreciate it as a member of our Church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! this helped me to right a FHE lesson! you saved the day! :)

    ReplyDelete